Thursday, February 10, 2011

February 10, 2011

I am combining two challenges here. Pals Paper Arts is challenging us to make a vintage project. Many card makers have that down to an art. I, however, do not. Vintage is not really my style. I love it, but I just have trouble producing it myself! So, I went on a Google hunt for ideas from actual vintage greeting cards. Ingenius, I know. ;) I found this picture:

I think I may try to make cards similar to a few of these cards pictured. But, my eye first fell on the card in the middle of the top row. I figured I could come up with a card that looked a little like that one.

Over on Stacey's Stamping Stage, is a great color combination (that I'd like to try again)! I decided to use it for my vintage card. On one site I came across while Googling, I read vintage can be achieved using muted colors (among other things, of course). Not that Melon Mambo is muted... but I figured by sponging onto my stamp I could get away with it! :)

It's not what most would imagine as "vintage" in the paper crafting world, but here is what I made:

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Kind & Caring Thoughts, Afterthoughts
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo
Paper: Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Tools: Corner Rounder punch, Eyelet Border punch, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF
Embellishments: Crochet thread, Antique Brad

Thanks for clicking over to my blog today.

2 comments:

  1. Love the texture and the color combination! Very pretty card! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete