Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 30, 2010

Well, I bid farewell to November and say hello to December with a few Christmas cards I made last week but didn't have time to post. These cards will be for sale at a "Handmade" Open House this Friday!

This first one uses a retired set, it was a Hostess Set in last year's mini catalog (I'm pretty sure). This was very easy, but looks SO pretty with the Iridescent Ice!

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Printed Pines
Ink: VersaMark, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
Tools: Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Big Shot, Top Note die, Petals-A-Plenty Embossing Folder
Embellishments: 3/8" Old Olive Taffeta ribbon, Basic Pearls

----------
This card is copied from a sample I received in a card swap. She had used Bravo Burgundy card stock for the card base, Very Vanilla for the Top Note; then stamped the block stamp in Bravo Burgundy ink and hand cut the tree stamped in Bravo Burgundy ink on Bravo Burgundy card stock. Nice, if you want monochromatic. I, however, wanted a little more interest. I spiced it up with more color and added rhinestones!

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Season of Joy
Ink: Old Olive, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Tools: Big Shot, Top Note die, 3/4" Circle punch
Embellishments: Basic Rhinestones, 5/8" Old Olive Grosgrain ribbon

----------
And, lastly, I had to try the Paper Tree technique. I first saw this on Connie Babbert's blog. Follow the link, she had a PDF with a template to download. It takes a bit of trial and error (at least it did for me!) and I think I will do a smaller circle next time. But it is certainly fun and looks great!

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Come to Bethlehem
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive (sponged)
Paper: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, retired Old Olive DSP
Tools: Circle Scissor Plus, Big Shot, Petals-A-Plenty Embossing Folder, label from Matchbox die
Embellishments: Basic Rhinestones

Thanks for clicking over to my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment