Sunday, April 11, 2010

One Color Card


I love when I can make a card that doesn't use a lot of supplies. This card is made of one color of ink, the same one COLOR of card stock, one NEUTRAL and one simple embellishment. I did, however, use 2 stampe sets. :) I found this card on Splitcoast - a card-makers best friend - and changed a couple of things. Her card is even simpler, as it has no embellishment and only two little flowers snipped out.

This card uses:

Card Stock: Very Vanilla and Bravo Burgundy - a color that is staying!
Stamp Sets: For All You Do and Heard From the Heart
Embellishment: Brads Filigree

I stamped the floral square from For All You Do, then stamped again without reinking it. That gave me the lighter shade. Obviously, I repeated that for the other squares. I don't have a square punch large enough to fit the square, so I just cut them with my paper cutter. I cut the larger, layered squares accordingly. I decided to take it up just a notch by stamping the little flower from the same set and snipping them out with my paper snips. Now I wonder if it might have looked a little better putting the lighter flowers on the dark squares and viceversa... Then a quick stamp of the sentiment at the bottom, which is slightly crooked :) and it was done!

Also, I chose this particular sentiment because it is appropriate for a birthday, a wedding, an anniversary, just because.... I love that this card is simple and versatile!

No comments:

Post a Comment