Saturday, July 23, 2011

July 23, 2011

Well, this is my first attempt at "Taking it to the Top" as demonstrated on Stamping 411. I think this is a great idea to incorporate at a workshop. For me, at this stage in my card-creativity, it is difficult to start with a simple card. I'm usually hitting that intermediate area. I will try another time with the simply adding more layers or embellishments to a basic card. But, for now, this will do - it keeps that center-focus flower and the Thank You at the top, but each card is a bit different and more involved than the last.
These all use the colors Calypso Coral, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla; they all use the Stamp Set Curly Cute and the Triple Treat Flower.

This card is layered using the Baja Breeze base, Chocolate Chip then Very Vanilla. I refrained form using any embellishment and I only used a small (aka cheaper!) punch - the 1/2" Circle.

Next (which was actually the first card I made in this set) I have used the Big Shot and one Embossing Folder, Stripes. Also I used 3 punches: 1/2" Circle again, 5 Petal Flower and Scallop Trim Border. I have the 5 Petal flower up on Dimensionals. I added ribbon as well.

Last, for my most involved card, I took away some tools and added others. I did not use the 1/2" Circle punch, but I used a Jumbo Brad in the flower center. I added use of the Fancy Flower Punch, the Modern Label punch and the Large Oval punch. I did not use the Stripes EF but, instead, used the Perfect Polka Dots. And I doubled up on the Chocolate Chip Scalloped Polka Dot ribbon and moved it to the sides.

Thanks for clicking over to my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment