Saturday, July 23, 2011

July 22, 2011

I decided to make a "view-finder" card for a swap I'm participating in next Saturday. I've only made one other in the past, but I wanted to try again and improve on my previous efforts! I used the Make a Monster set as it provided the needed variety for the openings. As you can see, I had 4 different faces on my circle to "change" the monster.

I snapped just a few pictures from my process. You can refer to the tutorial on SplitcoastStampers for more instruction. I used Dotto a 1" circle punched from scrap paper so that I could line up where I wanted to punch the side openings. I also punched a 3/4" circle from scrap paper, again with Dotto, to put in the center of my cut out monsters so that I punched the circle exactly where I wanted it. There was little room for error on those bellies! I did also use Dotto to put the monster on a scrap piece of paper when punching - it's impossible to hold that monster in a punch!

Here is a view of the back of the top layer. The brad goes all the way through - 4 layers! I used my needle-nose plyers (from my SU! tool kit) to bend the prongs so that there was a bit of room for ease of spinning.

I also used a template that matched the green circle - this was how I pierced my hole through the green circle, the Crumb Cake layer and the Daffodil half circle on the front. (I simply used the 1/16" hole punch to pierce the layered ovals with the words.)

This (sort of) shows how it is layered - I used dimensionals on all four corners of the Crumb Cake piece, allowing room for spinning.

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Bring on the Cake, Make a Monster
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade
Tools: 3/4" Circle punch, 1" Circle punch, 1/8" Hole punch, 1/16" Hole punch, Big Shot, Stripes EF, Perfect Polka Dots EF, Coluzzle Cutting System (3rd largest circle), Large and Wide Oval punches
Embellishments: Baker's Twine Early Espresso, 1/2" Scalloped Polka Dot Ribbon Tangerine Tango, Silver Brad

Thanks for clicking over to my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment