Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Wedding Invitations Are DONE

Finally, my first attempt at wedding invitations is [successfully] complete! Here are pics of my work.
The black card piece is 11.5 x 5.25" and is scored at 2 1/8" and 7" (from right to left; it was easier that way, for me!)
Punches and embossing folder are SU! Elegant Lines EF, Full Heart punch, Heart to Heart punch, 1 3/4" Circle punch.
The pink square is 4.75" x 5" The black square is 4.5" x 4.75" and the white is 4.25" (for ease of cutting!) by 4.5"
The pink "pocket" is a 3" x 6" I scored it at 1" on each side, but should have made that a bit smaller - maybe 5/8" so the pocket was a smidge wider. Then it's scored at 1/2" along the bottom.
The RSVP card (a post card to save the bride postage $) is 4" x 5" which is acceptable to the USPS. :)
I used VersaMark and Iridescent Ice EP on the black hearts - inked them, sprinkled them, laid them out on a cookie sheet and "baked" them at 250* in the oven! That way I was able to 40-50 at a time instead of heating them individually.

They're not perfect, of course, but I'm satisfied with them. If I'm asked to do them again, I will be able to do an even better job! :)

Thanks for clicking over to my blog today!

1 comment: