Thursday, September 2, 2010

September 3, 2010

Sooo, even though I said I had a lot to do (and that's true) and I probably wouldn't post til after the weekend... I squeezed in another card. I was waiting for bread dough to rise, so I had to do something! :) Right after setting the bread dough aside to rise, I decided to hop around on my favorite challenge blogs. Just Add Ink has a great sketch challenge and my gears started turning. Maybe I should bake and craft more often as I am quite pleased with how this turned out!


I have not even a scrap of Bravo Burgundy card stock right now!! BUT when I went through my ring filled with all the SU! card stock colors (my usual starting point...) I chose these 3: So Saffron, Baja Breeze and Bravo Burgundy. Also, while you can certainly use other shapes here, I really like the Decorative Label shape. BUT I don't have the Decorative Label punch (YET! it is available now in the Holiday Mini!).

My solution to these two problems was to take one of my extras from the Matchbox die, tacked it onto a piece of Very Vanilla, grabbed my sponge dauber and my Bravo Burgundy ink pad and Voila! Then I used another scrap piece that the label had been cut from and used it to mask as I stamped the flowers. Also, the edges of the entire card were swiped with the dauber.

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Kind & Caring Thoughts, Botanical Blooms
Ink: Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy
Paper: So Saffron, Urban Oasis, Very Vanilla
Tools: Big Shot, Matchbox die Labels, Sponge Dauber, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments: 5/8" So Saffron Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/8" Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Antique Brads

Thanks for clicking over to my blog!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how very clever ... I love how you created your own coloured cardstock. Lovely card ... it's a great sketch challenge this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! These colours work so wonderfully together!

    ReplyDelete