Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August 18, 2010

I hope to start posting much more regularly so I decided to title with dates. Otherwise, I waste time trying to come up with a "clever" title (term used loosely!!). The cards I am posting today are more challenge-responses! I've found even one more blog with challenges.... as if I needed more. :)

Last night I found Stampin' Royalty and their great color challenge this week. Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Not Quite Navy and Old Olive - a fabulous combination! I think I will tuck this combo away for future use. AND I actually found another SplitCoast challenge forum: Free 4 All. This weeks challenge was to make and give a "Get Well" card. My mom has been fighting a cold the last few days, so I made this for her and Adam and I took it over to her with a packet of Peach Tea.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Punched Posies (flower and the dots on the twill tape), Wellness Wishes, Texture wheel
Ink: Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy
Paper: Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Not Quite Navy DSP (retired) and textured, Old Olive DSP (retired) and textured, Cherry Cobbler
Tools: 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Corner Rounder punch, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Backgrounds 1 Texturz plates, Dots dry embossing template (retired), stylus, dimensionals
Embellishments: Twill tape


Then I made my way over to the Diva Coffee Break site for Design Challenge #190. The colors are Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive. I came up with this:


Supplies:
Stamps: For All You Do
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight
Paper: Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Tools: Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder
Embellishment: Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon

Thanks for clicking over to my blog!

3 comments:

  1. Fun and cute cards! Thanks for playing along with the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team this week!
    Sharon Field
    Diva DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both cards!! Great job! Thanks for playing along with the Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Ellen! So simply and elegant. Thanks for playing with the Divas this week!

    ReplyDelete