Thursday, December 23, 2010

December 23, 2010

And... yet another birthday card. Get used to it! :) But remember that "Happy birthday" can always be changed to a different phrase. I share my posts with the intent to provide inspiration for someone else's project. I love that about stamping people - we share, copy, improve, etc. - on purpose. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, right?!

Anyway, back to the card. This is a fabulous color combo (in my opinion) that has produced a card I feel could be used for a guy. This layout comes from the Just Add Ink challenge (which is in its second and final week and I've finally gotten around to it).

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: A Little Birthday Cheer, Circle Circus
Ink: Soft Suede, Old Olive
Paper: Soft Suede, Crushed Curry (I miss that dirty yellow!), Very Vanilla, Basic Gray textured
Tools: Word Window punch (inserted just the ends of the "happy birthday" strip into the punch one at a time), 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" Circle punches, Large Oval punch
Embellishments: Silver Brads, dimensionals, 3/8" Old Olive Taffeta ribbon

Thanks for clicking over to my blog today!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like this a lot, Ellen. I love the intricate pattern in the circles, contrasting against the clean look of the card. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea to use the Circle Circus like that! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete