Thursday, April 4, 2013

Color Refresh 2013

Stampin' Up! has just announced a Color Refresh. I can't decide whether to cry over the discontinuation of Baja Breeze or jump for joy that they're bringing back Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz. I, also, could lament the fact that they did NOT bring back Poppy Parade (a color that I failed to appreciate while it was available but have, on multiple occasions since it's disappearance, wished I had). 
I admit I'm a bit baffled by the blues. I must say Bashful Blue could have gone with the last color overhaul! So, that decision I'm good with. I always liked Soft Sky, but I find it weird that they are bringing that color back AND keeping Pool Party... they are so similar. Weird choice. Especially, in light of the removal of my beloved Baja Breeze (with retention of Marina Mist?!). And I've used so much more Not Quite Navy than Night of Navy. I do think I'll like having Bermuda Bay back, though! I am partial to teal colors (and Tempting Turquoise does not count and is another color for which I have no fuzzy feelings!) so I will be glad to have one in the selection again!
Regal Rose was neither here for there to me; same with Pretty in Pink. Blushing Bride was a near immediate favorite when it was an In Color so I'm glad to see it's return. I certainly agree with removing Certainly Celery. Pear Pizzazz is better, one if the best greens they've had, in my opinion. The other leaving-Regals don't bother me, either. And River Rock was one color I could just never quite make work for any project - until they offered the Well Worn DSP.
I am interested to see the Smoky Slate. Assuming it is a light gray, I will like it!
Overall, though, the changes are satisfying. Take a look:

What do you think of the changes?

No comments:

Post a Comment