Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bring on the Cake 1

Hello! I am sharing with you a set of cards I made using, primarily, the set Bring on the Cake. I used all but the stamp with "a gift for you" - the ones you don't see pictured I used on the inside of the cards. But I also ever used the same stamp twice for this set. I made feminine, masculine, and teen-appropriate cards. I used only one other stamp set, and only because I did not have appropriate DSP (in effect, I made my own!). I want to show how much variety you can get using some of the same things. In addition to limiting my stamp set use, I also limited my color use. You'll see a lot of Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Marina Mist and Wild Wasabi. Mainly I used Regals, Subtles and a few In Colors. Also, you will see repeated use of the Stipes Embossing Folder, the Ovals die, the Extra Large Oval punch and Basic Rhinestones.

Below is one card, in the post below are the other five cards.


Here I used Fabulous Florets to create the illusion of DSP. This fold was taught to me by my upline. 1 inch in from each side, starting 1 inch from the top cut down 5.5 inches (meaning your blade will start at 1 in and end at 6.5 in). The score just on those 1 inch sides - at 1 in, 2 in, and at 6.5 in; then score the middle section at 5.5 in.
Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Elegant Eggplant
Extra Large Oval punch, Ovals die, Basic Rhinestones, Designer Buttons Regals Elegant Eggplant, 1/8" Whisper White Taffeta ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment