Thursday, May 6, 2010

elm Custom Cards

So, as some of you know, I've decided to expand my "business" into selling custom cards. A couple years ago I did custom Christmas party invitations for a friend at church and enjoyed it very much. Recently, the desire to do more of that has grown. So, I came up with a logo and already put together a custom order! 45 birthday party invitations for a coworker, pictured and described below. Spread the word - I have business cards or simply refer people to this website where one could email me by clicking on "Email Me" at the top! :)
Amber looked through my Splitcoast gallery -where ALL of my cards are posted- and found a layout similar to this where the Top Note was simply cut in half and adhered to the card front. She asked if they were like flaps that opened and I thought that was a great idea... The smaller piece in the picture is the size of a regular card, 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". The chocolate colored pieces are cut from the Top Note die in the Big Shot and are folded over the sides. They open and the info is printed (via computer printer) on the pink piece. The larger one she requested to post at work on our board, as many do for events like this, rather than send each coworker an invitation.
After she gave me color preferences, this came together pretty easily. Although I have to thank a few close fellow stampers who let me trade them for the pink paper - it's not a color I really use so I don't keep it on-hand but I didn't have enough time to order it!

Stamps: Hugs & Wishes ("You're Invited"), Look Who's Turning (party hat)
Paper: Melon Mambo, Chocolate Chip, Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Top Note die, Texturz plates Backgrounds #4, Big Shot, Modern Label punch, dimensionals, ribbon from Hobby Lobby

No comments:

Post a Comment